As social media continues to grow, so does the practice of using social media for job recruitment and job searching.
LinkedIn is likely the first social-resume tool that comes to mind, but other sites such as Twitter and Facebook can be just as helpful.
So,Here are some tips about how you can smartly use LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to find a job..
- Expand Your Network With People Search and make new connections.
- Update Your Job Skills To ensure you’re included in recruiters search results it’s important that you fill out this section on your LinkedIn profile.
- Discover New Companies With “Company Search”. If you find an interesting company, you can follow it for updates and new job listings.
- Search for Jobs Listed on LinkedIn.To search for a job on LinkedIn, select the “Jobs” tab on the top navigation bar, or select it from the search menu at the top.
- Every time you appear on LinkedIn your headline goes with you. Make sure you brand your headline as what you want to be seen as by the on-line community, and especially potential recruiters.
- Take the time to ask your colleagues to recommend you on LinkedIn.
-Remember to put an industry in your professional summary because recruiters often use that field to search.
- Update the content in your LinkedIn profile regularly.
- You want to be found, so be sure the “About” section of your Facebook profile is complete and current; update it if it isn’t.
– You can use Facebook to find out more about a company. you can discover more about a business by “liking” its Facebook Page.
– Join and get active in groups. The objective here is to network with and get noticed by others in your industry, this could lead to you being considered for upcoming job opportunities even before they are posted.
- Follow the industry you are interested in, and participate in communities you care about.
– Create meaningful content that people care about.
– Build your network, engage with people who do what you want to do.
Company websites also are among the best sources of job listings, especially if you know what companies you are interested in working for.
When the company lists jobs on its website, you’ll find instructions for how to apply for open positions. The job application system will step you the process of applying.
And finally, there are some companies in Egypt help Job Seekers by advertising jobs in different fields.
Those sites allow you to post your resume, search jobs in your area and apply to a lot of opportunities.
Share your experience with us and add your favorite job sites to the list.